Calling appian web api from email

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

We are working on a project where in we are sending a link into an email. That link consists of a URL of web api that has been built inside appian. 

This works fine when user who clicked on a link is already logged into appian or have SAML enabled account but for other users it gives 401 error.

I need to send API key in order to get it resolved but I don't know how. The link has been created inside an HTML template.

I'm not sure how exactly we can pass the API key via html <a href> tag. Can someone please provide some kind of example here that can benefit me?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Vivek,

I don't think this is possible to do and moreover it will expose your application to security threats which might create even bigger problems. And if there is no other way then you might need to add a 2 way authentication where if the system checks that it is an external user based on domain or some kind of unique key and if it is external then those set of users will need to validate their identity by the unique id which is stored in Appian and only then the access can be given. But this might be a very complex way of doing it.

Thanks,

Vinita Jain

• Hi Vivek,

I don't think this is possible to do and moreover it will expose your application to security threats which might create even bigger problems. And if there is no other way then you might need to add a 2 way authentication where if the system checks that it is an external user based on domain or some kind of unique key and if it is external then those set of users will need to validate their identity by the unique id which is stored in Appian and only then the access can be given. But this might be a very complex way of doing it.

Thanks,

Vinita Jain

Children
No Data