TasksID changing during process

Certified Senior Developer

Is it normal for taskid to change multiple time during a short process model?  I have a process that has  a UI node, followed by an XOR and an email node.

I took samples of the TP!id at the start middle and finish and found it changed a whole 3 times for a simple accepting of the task to the end of the process. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Could you provide some more detail into what you're seeing (and how you're checking)?  For reference, Task IDs are unique for any given instance of a particular task (such that if a process flow loops back to a task multiple times, there will have been multiple task IDs).

Are you perhaps thinking of the Process ID?  The process ID should stay constant within any given instance of a process.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for responding.

No looping happening here. Task is assigned to a group, user accepts, then hit email node & end. 

My understanding is a tp!id should only change if we hit another (or the same) task node.

We are using process ID too for a different field.  That is staying consistent.   

Although i find it odd that processid and task id seem to swap lengths from time to time.

(50% of time pp!id is 4 length number, & tp!id is 7) Then (50% of time pp!id is 7 length, & tp!id is 4 length)  

Feel free to comment on this as well if this is abnormal

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to roberts0186

The PP id and TP ids using different lengths, as far as I've heard in the past, is an expected behavior and indicative of which Appian engine your instance is running on.

As for the TP id "changing", I defer back to the part of my earlier comment asking for some detail (code, screenshots, etc) of where and how you're trying to access it.  Note that the only process node you would be able to reference "tp!id" and have it be the actual task instance ID is the user input task node itself.  If you call "tp!id" from any other nodes / script tasks / etc, it would just give you the instance ID of that node instead, which would be unrelated.