Maximum number of users assigned to a task

I have a situation where we are assigning individual named users to a task from a database by role but the task isn't visible.  When I look at the process instance, there is no error showing with the task itself except there are no assigned users showing in the assignment tab.  Is there a limit to the number of individual users that can be assigned a task? The users are part of groups in Appian but the task is assigned to individual users instead of the group. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • I would also be surprised if there is some limitation here as low as say, 10 assignments for the same task.  My assumption would be 1000.

In one of my processes for example, is a scenario that assigns multiple of the same tasks directly to a dynamic list of users - where the submitter can pick as many people they want to 'comment' on a submission, used for business development opportunities.  How I handle this is by putting the comment task in a sub process, then start the sub process as MNI, one per assignee, set to not move on until all tasks have been completed.  There is also a time constraint of a number of hours before an exception fires that ends any remaining tasks.

The sub process method allows you to perform any other processing around their tasks, and is also easier on your engines in the case of many tasks at once.  With this setup, the limit would be 1000 tasks.

Children