Site Tab Visibility

A Score Level 1

Hi

I need to show tab only desktop users and I  have tried with  a!isPageWidth("DESKTOP") function but not working ..

Can any one suggest on this issue.

Regards

Devi.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm not sure that rule functions (at all) outside the context of an interface.  Can you tell us a bit more about your use case?

• Correct, a!isPageWidth will only work inside of an interface and not in the visibility expression for a site tab. I would love to hear the details of your use case though! Is there a way you can just alter to contents of the the site page based on the window size (using a!isPageWidth) or the device type (using a!isNativeMobile)? Or do you truly need to hide the whole tab if the user is on a mobile device rather than a desktop?

Worth noting as well that even if the function did work there, it would not likely do what you are expecting. If you tried, a!isPageWidth("DESKTOP") , it would make the site tab disappear when the user resizes their window to be smaller than the desktop threshold. you likely would want to use a!isNativeMobile in the site visibility expression (which also is currently not allowed)

We are tracking this use case internally and I would be happy to add your details to help with our prioritization. 

A Score Level 1
    in reply to alex.ladue

Yes, I need to hide whole tab when I login into mobile device.

->I have tried with both functions(a!isPageWidth,a!isNativeMobile) but not working in site expression.

My scenario:

I have 3 tabs(tab1,tab2, tab3) in site so when I login into mobile device, tab3 should hide

if case I login on Desktop, tab3 should be visible.

Regards,

Devi.

Reply Children
No Data