Can anyone help me to create a process model which runs everyday if the month is jan or apr or jul or oct

Can anyone help me to create a process model which runs everyday if the month is jan or apr or jul or oct with the  timer. Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi, yes the process model will run once when you publish, then it will run again per the timer conditions.  The Delay for 0 Minutes will cause it to run immediately.  If you wait until tomorrow at 09:45, you will see it start again.  If you re-publish with a month of 7 instead, it should not run immediately or until 7/1 @ 09:45.

Additionally, I always use another timer condition with a constant specific to the scheduled process, such as a boolean cons!PM_RUN.  With this configured as another condition, you can set the constant to false() prior to publishing the model, then change it back to true() afterwards, to avoid the immediate run and maintain the schedule.  

• sure, thank you...for the Boolean cons!PM_RUN, could you please give me some example, i'm so new and couldn't catch as swift...

• and i'm also getting this error, don't know why

Problem:  An error has occurred in evaluation of an expression for a Start Event.

Details:  Expression result is of incorrect type (expected datetime): =#"_a-0000e664-d14f-8000-9bf0-011c48011c48_6552437"

Recommended Action:  Examine and correct the expressions on the Start Event's Event Properties.

• For the error, the time setting does want AM/PM.  Try this instead:  "9:45 AM"

For the constant, this is essentially a switch you can turn on/off to allow the process to run (on your desired schedule), or not at all (no run regardless of schedule).  The process will only run when ALL Timer Conditions are met.  The setup would look like:

To recap, a scheduled process always fires when published, regardless of schedule.  This occurs either immediately (Delay set to 0), or after whatever initial interval is configured.  The next iterations will be based on your schedule.  This is by design, although I never cared for it.

To avoid this initial run, you will manually update your cons!PM_RUN value to false(), via the /design interface and your application bundle.  Then you can publish the process, it will not run, then you can manually change the value of the constant back to true which will allow it to run in the future, only on your schedule.

For moving these setups between environments when you do not want the initial run, I will also always define the constant as environment-specific, marking it as false() in the import customization file, then flipping to true after import.

There are multiple other options here as well, such as using a datetime constant instead of the boolean cons!PM_RUN, something like cons!PM_START_TIME, set that at a date/time after your import will finish / before the next run should begin and the PM will not start until your schedule - the constant can be updated during future promotions and does not require a manual update in production (such as the boolean cons) after import.  

I will note that with the boolean method, I have all of my scheduled processes displayed with on/off settings via their constants in admin interface that utilizes the Update Constant service, to be able to control these from the GUI.

• Thank you so much. Let me change the time and also configure the constant. Hope it will work... once again thank you much for your assistance.