Cannot access rf and rp

I've been following a tutorial to build a simple system which allows users to record their work hours and date.

When I try to edit record type using rf and rp, I receive an error message "Improper scoped variable".

For example, I try to edit the "summary" view using the rules defined in an Expression Rule:

rule!TST_TimesheetSubission(rule!TST_getTimesheetSubmissions(rp!id).data[1],null,true)

I receive an error because I have rp!id, and 

and when I try to edit the List so that the ID of each row becomes a hyperlink to an individual page about the shift logged, I have:

- Label: rf!id

- Record Type: rp!type

- Identifier: rp!id

the above three get an error, so when I access the Site, I receive an error "The Requested Record Type Is Not Available".

Before the edit, it is a Text field and uses fv.

How do I access rf and rp, or alternatively, how do I use the rp equivalent with fv to fully display the page?

I'm new to Appian and the forum, if I need to provide further information or edit the formatting, please do let me know.

Any help is appreciated! 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The domains RP and RF, RV with newer Appian versions,  are only available inside the Records Designer. The information you posted is not clear in terms of where you try to use RP and RF. And this has changed recently. Make sure to check which Appian version you have.

In general, I suggest to only pass the primary key of the record item into views via rp!id or rv!identifer. Then load any required data into local variables in the interface. This makes testing way easier.

Certified Lead Developer

The domains RP and RF, RV with newer Appian versions,  are only available inside the Records Designer. The information you posted is not clear in terms of where you try to use RP and RF. And this has changed recently. Make sure to check which Appian version you have.

In general, I suggest to only pass the primary key of the record item into views via rp!id or rv!identifer. Then load any required data into local variables in the interface. This makes testing way easier.

Children
No Data