Appian Pricing/ Plan

Hi all, I am still confused in the pricing and plans offered by Appian. From the website, under APPLICATION plan, there's a price per user (Standard, Infrequent, and External Input User). Also, there are plans for PLATFORM and UNLIMITED. I am not quite sure if we will fall under Standard user.

In our use case, we are a Service Provider/ Software Developers. You may refer to my use case below:

As a software developer, we are looking into using Appian as a low-code platform where we can create our software/ applications.

These created applications are being sold to our customers with different volume of end-users who will use our software/ application. Example the application is a Human Resource Information System with end-users such as the HR people, all company's employees, and on-boarding external applicants.

My question right now is that, how's the Pricing in Appian?

1. We, as the provider with 20-30 developers, how much should we pay if we subscribe with 20-30 developers who will use Appian? Are we under the Standard User?

2. Once we deliver the software/ application to our customers, there is a big volume of processors and end-users, where do these users will fall in the Appian Pricing? Is the price will base on the number of users?

3. Is the subscription price for us, as the provider, and our Customers are separately billed?

Thank you very much..

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

What you are describing is most likely covered through an OEM partnership or possibly through a reseller partnership, depending on how you plan to architect and sell your solution. You will need to speak with Appian directly to discuss the best approach for your business model.

https://appian.com/resources/partners/oem-partners.html

https://appian.com/resources/partners/reseller-partners.html

• Thanks, Eric. Will read about this.

And to ask as well, are the applications made through Appian can be deployed/ delivered as a stand-alone application for our customers/ users? Or these customers/ users would need to login through Appian in order to access their application? And in that way, they will be counted as licensed user?

I am asking this since we also want to know the protection of us, as the developer of the application. Will our customers or users of our created application will know that the created application for them is through Appian?

Thanks!

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to trixieeligio

Anything built on the platform will need to run on an Appian instance and all users will have to login through Appian. Every users will need to be licensed. How you license individual users will depend on what your specific setup is and it is best to coordinate with Appian to get the best pricing rather than assuming all users need a full license.

You could have a single Appian production instance that your company owns and you license user accounts for use across customers or you could have individual production instances for each customer. There are a lot of factors to determine which approach would be best (e.g. data separation, maintenance activities, platform level enhancements vs customizations for customers, managing infrastructure and costs across customers, etc.). That is something your team will need to consider internally based on your business model. 

Appian isn't strictly a low-code IDE where you can export a web or mobile application. Appian is both the IDE as well as the runtime environment. You will build your application in a development environment and then you will deploy it to higher level environments. That may be a little confusing as every environment will run your application, but it is important to leverage separate environments for your SDLC, as you would with any other development platform.

You can modify various branding configurations in Appian. Some of your users may know you are leveraging Appian as you will likely need to flow down certain terms in your agreements with customers, but the end user experience can be modified to your branding or your customer's branding.

docs.appian.com/.../ux_site_branding.html

• In any case that I created an application and my customers/ users are already using it, and after a year or two I decided to unsubscribe to Appian. My customers who are using the application I created for them will no longer access that application, right? If i'm right with what's on my mind.

I have already asked this with Appian partner but they have no clear answer yet. Just hoping you have a hint regarding this scenario.

Thanks a lot, Eric.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to trixieeligio

I was interested in doing something similar. Glad you brought it up in community.

Reply Children
No Data