Stand alone application

Hi, just want to ask..

If I created a Web and Mobile application through Appian, how do my user's access it?

1. Will they know that the application is done through Appian?

2. In Web, are the licensed users will have to login through Appian or will land through Appian in order to access the web app?

3. In mobile application created through Appian, will the users of my application needs to download and install the Appian app from Google Play in order to access the created application?

4. Or, are all applications (web or mobile) done through Appian are deployed as stand-alone applications where users will never know that the application is done through Appian? Ex: mobile application that I can upload in Google Play/ Apple Store

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Appian is a platform and created applications will only run inside/on top of it. For the web frontend, there is only a small reference to Appian. The mobile app can be customized in certain aspects and also deployed separately.

• Is my understanding correct?

So it's like, Appian have:
       1. An Admin Environment - where the customization, configurations, and development are being done by the developer
       2. A User Environment - where this will be the actual application used by the users

Should there be changes or customization, the developers can update it in the Admin Environment and changes will appear in the User Environment?

Another clarification from your feedback:
       1. Is the small Appian reference can be modified or somehow make it hidden to my users?
       2. For mobile app "deployed separately", so it's right that I can create a stand-alone mobile application and upload it through Google Play/ Apple Store without logging in through Appian mobile app?

Thanks, Stefan.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to trixieeligio

So it's like, Appian have:
       1. An Admin Environment - where the customization, configurations, and development are being done by the developer
       2. A User Environment - where this will be the actual application used by the users

Yes. It is called "Appian Designer" and "Appian Sites".

I think these references can not be removed.

For more details I propose to contact Appian.

• So the types of users in Appian are:
       1. Standard User - has an access to both Appian Designer and Appian Sites
       2. External Input User - has only access in Appian Sites?

Thanks a lot, Stefan. I finally have a clearer picture of Appian's function. I am already in touch with Appian. I just post queries here since the feedback is quick. Slight smile

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to trixieeligio

There is only a standard user and admin users.

Admins are the "root" users and only needed for administrative tasks on a platform level.

Standard users have access depending on their permission/group setup. If a user is in appropriate groups, he can go to designer and create applications. If that user only is member of an application specific group, then he can use only that app.

• Oh okay, I just saw those types of users in Appian website where there's a specific price per user type per month, that's why I assumed.

Is this what you are referring to?

But, what does Admins as a "root" users mean? What administrative tasks they can do? Is it different from the capabilities of Standard/ Basic User?

Noted on the Standard Users. So for standard/ basic user, we can control the permission setup for the standard user whether they will be the one to design/ create applications or will be the end-users who will use the app.

I just had a confusion since there's also External Input User in Appian website.

Thanks for all the feedback, Stefan. Appreciate it a lot. Thumbsup

• Oh okay, I just saw those types of users in Appian website where there's a specific price per user type per month, that's why I assumed.

Is this what you are referring to?

But, what does Admins as a "root" users mean? What administrative tasks they can do? Is it different from the capabilities of Standard/ Basic User?

Noted on the Standard Users. So for standard/ basic user, we can control the permission setup for the standard user whether they will be the one to design/ create applications or will be the end-users who will use the app.

I just had a confusion since there's also External Input User in Appian website.

Thanks for all the feedback, Stefan. Appreciate it a lot. Thumbsup

Children