Difference between Spawn All and Spawn New

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Folks,

I could not figure out the exact difference between SPAWN All and SPAWN NEW, can some explain me with one real-time use case

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I might be wrong but I'm under the impression that this is not very commonly used, and is tied more to legacy modes of operation.  However from what I know of it, basically it means you can loop over an MNI node multiple times where we assume the array PV the MNI is based on has had items added between executions.  "Spawn All" would re-execute the MNI for all items, whereas "Spawn new" would only execute it for items that have been added to the array post the prior execution.  This is explained somewhat in the mouse-over text, BTW.

Certified Lead Developer

I might be wrong but I'm under the impression that this is not very commonly used, and is tied more to legacy modes of operation.  However from what I know of it, basically it means you can loop over an MNI node multiple times where we assume the array PV the MNI is based on has had items added between executions.  "Spawn All" would re-execute the MNI for all items, whereas "Spawn new" would only execute it for items that have been added to the array post the prior execution.  This is explained somewhat in the mouse-over text, BTW.

Children