Edit PDF

Certified Lead Developer

Feature Request -

We do have a document viewer  to view the PDF and the documents. Do we have feature to edit Documents/PDF online within the SAIL interface and save it.

In the a!dataTime() field, Can we have  any control to disable only time or set time to default value

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The only method I know of to do live edits to a PDF in an Appian form is to use an integration like Adobe Sign, where the user isn't looking at a locally-stored PDF but rather a template that's been pre-loaded on Adobe's server.  This is a good solution when your process requires users to actually fill and sign documents, but likely too complicated and/or expensive for simple "fill out a few entries in a PDF" use cases.

Instead I would suggest you have the user provide data into standard Appian inputs, then use Appian to populate the PDF with the user's entered data.  This is quite a bit more user-friendly and flexible; you can do validation on the data entered, allow the user to preview and/or retry if they don't like the initial PDF for some reason, etc.  Is there any particular reason this approach won't work for you?

Certified Lead Developer

The only method I know of to do live edits to a PDF in an Appian form is to use an integration like Adobe Sign, where the user isn't looking at a locally-stored PDF but rather a template that's been pre-loaded on Adobe's server.  This is a good solution when your process requires users to actually fill and sign documents, but likely too complicated and/or expensive for simple "fill out a few entries in a PDF" use cases.

Instead I would suggest you have the user provide data into standard Appian inputs, then use Appian to populate the PDF with the user's entered data.  This is quite a bit more user-friendly and flexible; you can do validation on the data entered, allow the user to preview and/or retry if they don't like the initial PDF for some reason, etc.  Is there any particular reason this approach won't work for you?

Children
No Data