Why am I getting this yellow warning message...

This is the error message I receive when attempting the "user" function not the a!user function:

The user function does not have a domain prefix....

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anne & Mike -- I'd like to provide some additional context. While the fn! domain prefix exists, and can be used for system functions, we do not enforce this as a strict best practice. We only enforce the best practice of using the a! domain for rules (which is why, as you rightly pointed out Mike, autocomplete in the expression editor automatically adds a!). 
    We recently had a bug where if you used BOTH a system function (such as user() or document()) AND you also had a rule input or variable with the same name (such as ri!user or local!document), then Appian would flag the system function as missing a domain. I believe that this is what you were seeing Anne.
    We addressed and removed this bug with AN-186789, available in hotfix 21.2.385.0. As such, you should no longer see system functions called with parentheses underlined as requiring a domain.
  • Hi Anne & Mike -- I'd like to provide some additional context. While the fn! domain prefix exists, and can be used for system functions, we do not enforce this as a strict best practice. We only enforce the best practice of using the a! domain for rules (which is why, as you rightly pointed out Mike, autocomplete in the expression editor automatically adds a!). 
    We recently had a bug where if you used BOTH a system function (such as user() or document()) AND you also had a rule input or variable with the same name (such as ri!user or local!document), then Appian would flag the system function as missing a domain. I believe that this is what you were seeing Anne.
    We addressed and removed this bug with AN-186789, available in hotfix 21.2.385.0. As such, you should no longer see system functions called with parentheses underlined as requiring a domain.
Children
No Data