How to insert value in database table on the basis of matching condition in two table column values.

Hi,

I have below query:

Suppose,

We are having two database tables : Table 1 and Table 2

And having column with same name and same type of values in both the tables: column 1 (Table 1) and column 2 (Table 2)

We have to match the values of column 1 with column 2 and if same value does not exist in column 2, we need to insert new row in table 2 with that value.

We have to create this functionality from scratch. We are just having two table with data. So I can't provide any code here.

Please help me to understand how can we achieve this .

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, 

Do you need to do this at the Appian level (or) at the database level?

If it is at the Appian level - Consider you're having 2 variables with the data to insert into 2 tables. Then you can create an expression rule to remove the elements of the 1st array which is already present in the second array.

If it is at the Database level - You can use a temp table to compare the values present in Table 2 & then insert based on the result.

• Hi, 

Do you need to do this at the Appian level (or) at the database level?

If it is at the Appian level - Consider you're having 2 variables with the data to insert into 2 tables. Then you can create an expression rule to remove the elements of the 1st array which is already present in the second array.

If it is at the Database level - You can use a temp table to compare the values present in Table 2 & then insert based on the result.

Children