How to insert value in database table on the basis of matching condition in two table column values.

Hi,

I have below query:

Suppose,

We are having two database tables : Table 1 and Table 2

And having column with same name and same type of values in both the tables: column 1 (Table 1) and column 2 (Table 2)

We have to match the values of column 1 with column 2 and if same value does not exist in column 2, we need to insert new row in table 2 with that value.

We have to create this functionality from scratch. We are just having two table with data. So I can't provide any code here.

Please help me to understand how can we achieve this .

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • This is not a one time activity.

We are implementing IDP in our process. So if pdf read by IDP is having Emp_Name, that name will store in Emp_Details table.

And now it will match this Emp_Name with Emp_Name in Emp_Address table. If it already exists there, it will do nothing. If not it will insert new row in Emp_Address table with this Emp_Name value and Emp_ Address column will be blank in this new row.

Children
  • Ok makes sense, thanks for the context! In a case like this then I would keep it simple. After the IDP process stores a value in the Emp_Details table, I'd suggest creating a script task that contains a query that returns data from the Emp_Address table. Specifically, you should add a filter to return rows where the employee name matches the name from the Emp_Details table. Then add a gateway directly after this script task. If the query returns no results, then go to a Write to Data Store node and insert a row that contains only the employee name. If the query does return results, then skip the Write to Data Store node since the value already exists!

• I have tried to implement this by creating two seperate expression rules that are fetching list of Emp_Name from both the table i.e.:

rule!Get_EmpDetails

load(
      local!final,
      local!batch: rule!Get_EmpDetails(),
      local!header: rule!Get_EmpAddressDetails(),
      local!matching: a!forEach(
        items:local!batch,
        expression: with(
          local!val: fv!item,
          a!forEach(
            items: local!header,
            expression: if(exact(fv!item,local!val),"",a!save(local!final,local!header))
          ))
      ),local!final

)

rule!Get_Emp_AddressDetails

Then I have created one expression rule for matching these Emp_Name but gettng null as output.

Attaching the code of expressio rule creted for matching the Emp_Name from both tables.

• So one issue with your current expression is that the a!save() on line 11 won't work - you can only execute a save in an interface component, not a local variable.

Also, do you have to query all of the address details to do a comparison? Why can't you just query the addresses that match your employee details by running the query directly against address? Something like this:

a!localVariables(
      local!employee: rule!Get_EmpDetails(),
      local!address: a!queryEntity(
        entity: cons!ADDRESS_DSE
        pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(
          startIndex: 1,
          batchSize: 1,
        ),
        filter: a!queryFilter(
          field: "Emp_Name",
          operator: "=",
          value: local!employee.Emp_Name