We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Expression evaluation error: An expression cannot be saved because it is longer than the maximum allowed length of 4,000 characters.

Certified Associate Developer

I created an expression rule for a summary view of a record. I have an expression rule calling all the information needed within a view DSE constant. When prompted with the error, after clicking "Okay," nothing happens. Is there a way to edit this rule without drilling into the record?

Here is the modal:

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Yeah for what it's worth I would recommend using this approach of querying the results using the ID anyway. It's more scalable since if you add new fields later this query will automatically get them rather than needing to go back and add the field to your record view each time Slight smile

That being said, if you do encounter an unrecoverable issue like this I agree with Mike that creating a support case seems worth doing.