We are looking to request/receive a PDF document via a webservice call, how do w

We are looking to request/receive a PDF document via a webservice call, how do we go about presenting the received document? Ideally we would like to present it inline in a UIT, but only see the option of including images (gif and jpeg), does it have to be linked to a stored document somehow?

I am also unsure how to convert the data from the webservice to a PDF to be displayed or linked to, are is there an existing example application or other resource to work from as a baseline?

Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-101607

OriginalPostID-101607

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Ok, I've built a process and been fiddling with it, but I have not yet gotten it to work.
    I have the string from the webservice isolated in a text PV, and am then running the decode function on it:
    base64decode(pv!isolatedBase64_text)

When I write that value to a text variable, the header information looks good, so I do think the decode is occurring correctly. However if I pass the result to a Document variable, I get a -1. I have got to be missing something, any clues?
  • Ok, I've built a process and been fiddling with it, but I have not yet gotten it to work.
    I have the string from the webservice isolated in a text PV, and am then running the decode function on it:
    base64decode(pv!isolatedBase64_text)

When I write that value to a text variable, the header information looks good, so I do think the decode is occurring correctly. However if I pass the result to a Document variable, I get a -1. I have got to be missing something, any clues?
Children
No Data