Maximum filesize

Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

question re the maximum file size that can be handled by Appian

The scenario I have is that files are generated on a daily basis by our data warehouse and stored in an azure blob storage area.

We have two integrations, one returns a list of the newly created file names (between 5 and 7 files depending on day of week), and the second to download an individual file (repeated for each file in list)

Once all the files are downloaded I create a single encrypted zip file and a task is generated to allow users to download the zip file.

Are there any restrictions on the file size that is downloaded from azure blob storage, or the zip file which is downloaded by an operator?

Thanks

Simon

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Within Appian itself there's effectively no maximum file size - your limitation will end up being a combination of what the Azure integration can handle, both in terms of some sort of built-in size limit, as well as how stable the connection is while downloading a huge file (neither of which I'd have any insight into), and also the maximum filesize you can expect your users to successfully download locally from Appian (more than a gigabyte or so and you'll have some users who can never get the whole file before some connection issue interrupts their download).