Calling Expression Rule inside Timer Event

Certified Associate Developer

We have a requirement to build the scheduler process to run 3 days before every quarter. The  Logic has been built in the expression rule . When I am trying to call the rule in the timer to get the specific day to run, the process is not running whereas when I implicitly paste the logic, it works. Is there any limitations that expression rule can't be evaluated inside the timer.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The way I've seen this typically implemented dis that your timer runs every night at a pre-determined time, and then an XOR routes the processing either to an end node (if it's not the right time to run - in your case 3 days before every quarter), else it triggers a separate process. It pays to separate the "controller" aspect (i.e. the timer and the routing) from the actual processing, so build them as separate process models and have the controller call the processor.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

This is the way I have implemented to run the scheduler which runs every month and the specific day will be evaluated from the expression rule and also added additional condition to run every quarter. Could you please advise whether this is the feasible solution or Do I need to run every day and check in the XOR whether to run the process or not as suggested.

Reply Children