Starting Appian Locally

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Community,

I followed the Appian quick start installation guide, and ran all commands: 

• <APPIAN_HOME>\services\bin\start.bat -p <password> -s all
  • <APPIAN_HOME>\data-server\bin\start.bat
  • <APPIAN_HOME>\search-server\bin\start.bat
  • <APPIAN_HOME>\tomcat\apache-tomcat\bin\start-appserver.bat

Everything ran successfully, but when I went to my browser and navigated to http://<FQDN>:8080/suite/design/users, it wasn't connecting, tried different browsers same result. I replaced the FQDN with what I entered in conf.suite.SERVER_AND_PORT= and it is un-commented so is conf.suite.SCHEME=. I'm not sure what else could have went wrong. If anyone have resolved a similar issue your input would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Eric

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Yep followed that guide. Yea I want to use it test some plugins. I checked logs and it looks like it's not connecting to the right DB.

2021-12-10 14:58:37,680 [wait-for-component] INFO  com.appiancorp.common.startup.WaitForStatefulComponents - Waiting for Appian component Primary datasource RDBMS to be healthy...
    2021-12-10 14:58:42 SEVERE [wait-for-component] org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.init Unable to create initial connections of pool.
    	java.sql.SQLException: Unable to load class: org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver from ClassLoader:java.net.URLClassLoader@13221655;ClassLoader:AppianWebappClassLoader
      context: suite
      delegate: false

At <REPO_HOME>\conf\tomcatResources.xml.<ENVIRONMENT>. For step 4 in the guide

inside the xml file it has driverClassName="org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver" and the guide never told me to change this but I'm using MySQL as my db.

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I realized the problem I just had to change the driverclass name to "org.mysql.jdbc.Driver". It was right there I was so blind, but going through the logs really helped.