Appian integration with third party APIS

Hi,

We are using microservices architecture in our enterprise and all data related tasks are performed using rest APIs.

We want to use Appian as UI layer for our application. So my first question is it Appian recommended for such scenarios, when all data related operations (Get data, add, update data) will be performed using API integration?

If yes, Will Appian features like Data Sync, Records relationships useful/supported while using Open API connected systems for records?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

As of now, synced records are not supported with web services. The reason is that sync only works when Appian knows how to update the local cache and the external storage at the same time.

Said that, I have a global client who is using an API based layer to abstract data storage. With some clever design decisions in Appian and well performing low-latency APIs, this is no problem.

Certified Lead Developer

As of now, synced records are not supported with web services. The reason is that sync only works when Appian knows how to update the local cache and the external storage at the same time.

Said that, I have a global client who is using an API based layer to abstract data storage. With some clever design decisions in Appian and well performing low-latency APIs, this is no problem.

Children