Expression Descriptions

Certified Senior Developer

When you make an expression, the name and rule inputs show up in the little help box in the bottom left corner much like native appian functions. The expression's description also shows up. I was wondering if there was some way to make descriptions for the rule inputs. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Marco

It's a request that's been around for a while. So, up to and including the latest release, the answer is no. You can (of course) list them and add descriptions for them in the rule 'Description' attribute but (and I'm sure you're ahead of me her eon this point) that's a development and maintenance overhead that would be addressed if you could have a 'Description' attribute for each rule input AND have that auto-populated in the 'Help' pane in the bottom left of the Expression Designer.

• Hi Marco

It's a request that's been around for a while. So, up to and including the latest release, the answer is no. You can (of course) list them and add descriptions for them in the rule 'Description' attribute but (and I'm sure you're ahead of me her eon this point) that's a development and maintenance overhead that would be addressed if you could have a 'Description' attribute for each rule input AND have that auto-populated in the 'Help' pane in the bottom left of the Expression Designer.

Children