estimate required memory according to volumetry.

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a correct way to estimate the memory that I will need in a production environment if, for example, I have a process that runs 1000 times a year, consumes approximately 100 AMUs per instance and is active for approximately 5 days.

I need to make an estimate of the resources that I will need in the production environment according to the volume of active processes that I will have

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Given your numbers, I wouldn't be overly concerned about using process model to calculate required memory usage. In the docs we have a green / yellow / red calculation that describes if there are concerns with a given process model. The yellow state is if a process model across all instances uses more than 100k AMUs. In your case, that would be your entire planned process usage for the year. Keep in mind that once your process completes, the data is either archived or deleted (which removes that process data from memory), so you would never even approach that 100k threshold.

• Given your numbers, I wouldn't be overly concerned about using process model to calculate required memory usage. In the docs we have a green / yellow / red calculation that describes if there are concerns with a given process model. The yellow state is if a process model across all instances uses more than 100k AMUs. In your case, that would be your entire planned process usage for the year. Keep in mind that once your process completes, the data is either archived or deleted (which removes that process data from memory), so you would never even approach that 100k threshold.

Children