Document Generation/Management Help

The project I am working on has a specific use case where they export a excel sheet and then convert that into a PDF from there. The excel sheet doesn't necessarily hold data. It holds data in the sense that fields are highlighted. My question is for the example attached is it possible to recreate this using the document generation/management tools or any other tools within Appian? If so what would I be looking for and how would I accomplish this? Attached is an example about states vs what foods they like, don't like, or indifferent as example data. What could I do to recreate an appian export of this data and it changing if I have a field that says if fries are good and burgers are bad etc. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

What you might be able to do is:
    1. Create an XLS template for the export
    2. Tab 1 should be the raw data
    3. Tab 2 references the data on tab 1 and has conditional formatting on the columns

the key is, if Appian writes the data to XLS< it will overwrite any formulas, etc. So, have Appian write the data on a tab that doesn't have those things.

I have used this approach in the past for similar things. Might be worth a try.

Certified Lead Developer

What you might be able to do is:
    1. Create an XLS template for the export
    2. Tab 1 should be the raw data
    3. Tab 2 references the data on tab 1 and has conditional formatting on the columns

the key is, if Appian writes the data to XLS< it will overwrite any formulas, etc. So, have Appian write the data on a tab that doesn't have those things.

I have used this approach in the past for similar things. Might be worth a try.

Children
No Data