Is there a size limit on the doc generated when we use create text doc from temp

Is there a size limit on the doc generated when we use create text doc from template smart service?

Also, can we have ###Image### tag in the doc to insert a doc in the template?

Thanks,

Anagha...

OriginalPostID-104903

OriginalPostID-104903

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Oh I see, so you are not only talking about images but about any document as an attachment to the DOCx.

Since the DOCx syntax is very Microsoft specific I don't think there's a simple way to accomplish this. You may want to search online in other Forums to see if somebody has done this with Java in which case you can create a custom plug-in to do so.

Alternatively you can create a sample DOCx with an attachment, change its extension to .ZIP, unzip it and take a look at how Microsoft defines the attachment in the document.xml that holds the structure of the actual document to see if that gives you a better idea on how to achieve this but I'd rather keep the documents inside Appian and simply add links to those attachments stored in Appian by placing the links in the final DOCx.
  • Oh I see, so you are not only talking about images but about any document as an attachment to the DOCx.

Since the DOCx syntax is very Microsoft specific I don't think there's a simple way to accomplish this. You may want to search online in other Forums to see if somebody has done this with Java in which case you can create a custom plug-in to do so.

Alternatively you can create a sample DOCx with an attachment, change its extension to .ZIP, unzip it and take a look at how Microsoft defines the attachment in the document.xml that holds the structure of the actual document to see if that gives you a better idea on how to achieve this but I'd rather keep the documents inside Appian and simply add links to those attachments stored in Appian by placing the links in the final DOCx.
Children
No Data