why we will get dependents errors during exporting an application why not precedent error??

Certified Associate Developer

dependent and precedent errors in exporting application

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you move an object into a new environment that is dependent on another item that doesn't exist then it will fail, you can't reference something that doesn't exist in the target environment.

If a precedent isn't in the new environment then nothing fails as nothing in the new environment is trying to reference something that isn't in that environment.

I'm a little confused by the question though so I may be misunderstanding what you're asking. Why would you want precedent errors?

• If you move an object into a new environment that is dependent on another item that doesn't exist then it will fail, you can't reference something that doesn't exist in the target environment.

If a precedent isn't in the new environment then nothing fails as nothing in the new environment is trying to reference something that isn't in that environment.

I'm a little confused by the question though so I may be misunderstanding what you're asking. Why would you want precedent errors?

Children