Change Date and Time based on user time zone

Certified Lead Developer

Hi All,

I have a use case where I need to convert Date and time based on user time zone.

I have a date and time component, and if user of timezone CDT selects date and time as "4/1/2022 11:46 AM CDT" and submits the case. If another user of time zone IST logs in then they should be able to see the date and time value as "4/1/2022 10:16 PM IST" (whatever the usertime zone is). Based on user time zone date and time value needs to be changed in UI.

I have tried with todatetime(), gmt() and usertimezone() functions but none of them works.

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to mpa17

We could use a little more detail of course - like what your data structure looks like, how exactly you're capturing the datetime value and then converting it to json (and where the json is sourced from if there are any additional non-appian-input sources).

But based on testing i'm doing right now, it looks as if a dateTime value captured into an appian dateTime entry field and then stored into JSON text, automatically converts to GMT.  If you're converting it back from JSON later to a dateTime data type, it should then automatically display in a user's chosen timezone, without much additional overriding necessary.

Children