Use cases of stored procedure and views in Appian

Certified Senior Developer

Hello,

In which case will use views and stored procedures in Appian ?

I know the basics about it but I am not sure when will use stored procedure and views.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

Hi, I have used stored proc in many scenarios.

Below are some use case which I have used

1. In one of my projects we had hierarchy chart to maintain. End user would move child node from one parent node to another and this action used to involve lot of db changes, like manager mapping, cost center changes , nodes remapping, and then again deactivating old mapped nodes. So here we had used stored procs.

2. In another project we had data coming from another system using integration and we would update 6 to 7 tables and in this case   some tables would needed to be updated and some would be refreshed entirely so here we had used procs.

So main idea here is to use stored procs when you have to deal with complex and large db manipulation and changes.

For views , as others have already suggested that you can use records and relationships ,so these days we can easily avoid for creating views normally. But in some cases where you have to format particular value ,like if you have stored some sort of lookup IDs in your table and you need to change this into lookup values for export functionality then you can consider creating views.

Hi, I have used stored proc in many scenarios.

Below are some use case which I have used

1. In one of my projects we had hierarchy chart to maintain. End user would move child node from one parent node to another and this action used to involve lot of db changes, like manager mapping, cost center changes , nodes remapping, and then again deactivating old mapped nodes. So here we had used stored procs.

2. In another project we had data coming from another system using integration and we would update 6 to 7 tables and in this case   some tables would needed to be updated and some would be refreshed entirely so here we had used procs.

So main idea here is to use stored procs when you have to deal with complex and large db manipulation and changes.

For views , as others have already suggested that you can use records and relationships ,so these days we can easily avoid for creating views normally. But in some cases where you have to format particular value ,like if you have stored some sort of lookup IDs in your table and you need to change this into lookup values for export functionality then you can consider creating views.

Children
No Data