Question a bout how to pop up interface as a dialog?

Certified Associate Developer

We want the pop-up function, but since the pop-up function is not supported by appian, we are going to use dialog as an alternative.

As of now, it seems that the only way to use dialog is to use record action.

I want a way to open the interface as a dialog, if there is a way we don't know other than the way to use the record action, please let me know.

purpose:

Display a dialog for inputting additional input values to Interface A, and send the output data to Interface A.

It would be nice if there was a way to just connect and use it instead of storing it in the db like using 'write to datastore entity' and retrieving it.

Thank you.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

One of my "product enhancement backlog wishlist" items is the ability to configure Start Process Links with the ability to open in a dialog just like Record Actions can.  That would resolve a lot of currently clumsy corner cases for implementation, IMHO.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

I very much agree with this product enhancement. There are plenty of use cases where a record action needs the context of its own record identifier, but also the context of an indirectly-related record that is available on a dashboard. a!startProcessLink() gives us the capability to solve the use case, but it's a jarring change in UX when the process executes in the same flat UI rather than a pop-up. If we're trying to get our users used to Record Actions and the quick pop-ups they enable, we need a way to create the pop-up UX seamlessly regardless of the source of the process or interface.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

I very much agree with this product enhancement. There are plenty of use cases where a record action needs the context of its own record identifier, but also the context of an indirectly-related record that is available on a dashboard. a!startProcessLink() gives us the capability to solve the use case, but it's a jarring change in UX when the process executes in the same flat UI rather than a pop-up. If we're trying to get our users used to Record Actions and the quick pop-ups they enable, we need a way to create the pop-up UX seamlessly regardless of the source of the process or interface.

Children
No Data