How can I get blurb property of a user

Certified Senior Developer

Hi all,

I have a requirement of using "blurb" property to dynamically update the signature in email of loggedInUser.

I tried using user() function and it seems like there is no property like "blurb", it can return.

So is there any way to get User's blurb ?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I never noticed that.  There isn't even a way to access the value of that field (even for viewing, as far as I can tell) from the admin-side User editor.  I suppose there's a remote possibility that it's accessible (as hidden functionality) from the user() function, but if so... good luck figuring out the property name, I guess.

At this point I assume the "supported" solution would be to use something databse-backed that you build... which of course would require giving the users an "edit profile" related action that changes their DB-side info (or if such already exists, then just updating it to provide them the ability to type a signature).  The up-side to that, at least, would be that you could custom-built it to your specific requirements, rather than trying to retrofit the "Blurb" functionality into also serving as "email signature".

Certified Lead Developer

I never noticed that.  There isn't even a way to access the value of that field (even for viewing, as far as I can tell) from the admin-side User editor.  I suppose there's a remote possibility that it's accessible (as hidden functionality) from the user() function, but if so... good luck figuring out the property name, I guess.

At this point I assume the "supported" solution would be to use something databse-backed that you build... which of course would require giving the users an "edit profile" related action that changes their DB-side info (or if such already exists, then just updating it to provide them the ability to type a signature).  The up-side to that, at least, would be that you could custom-built it to your specific requirements, rather than trying to retrofit the "Blurb" functionality into also serving as "email signature".

Children
No Data