Show a text in an interface only for 10 seconds

Hi,

I need to show a text inside an interface only 10 seconds (not 30 seconds that is allowed in refreshVariable), and hide it after that time.

Do you now any way to do it possible?

Thank you!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This may have to become a product enhancement request.

• The 0.5 (30 second) refreshInterval lower range has been set as a guard-rail. Imagine if the refreshVariable was being set to a value which is the result of a call to the database or to a REST web-service. And then imagine (again) that there were many such instances concurrently making such calls. There may be a case for allowing a reduction in the refreshInterval value if it could be guaranteed that it was local activity only e.g. calculating the difference between now() and the time the user interface was initially loaded. Not sure how such a distinction could be made so perhaps a product enhancement request to Appian is in order here.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

I fully understand the guardrail.  You don't want to spend more time in a refreshing state than you do in a done state. I wonder if it would be possible to read the average time it takes for the interface to load, say 5.5 seconds, and have a warning say you need to load the interface in less than 5 to be allowed to set it to 10 seconds.

There could be kinds of functions, such as anything that calls an integration, that invalidates use of shorter times.

Or perhaps design a system for dropping the next refresh when this refresh takes too long.  Then interface developers would have to optimize their interfaces, because they set it to refresh every 10, but it only refreshes every 20.  IDK, smarter engineers than me would have to tackle it to make it possible.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

I fully understand the guardrail.  You don't want to spend more time in a refreshing state than you do in a done state. I wonder if it would be possible to read the average time it takes for the interface to load, say 5.5 seconds, and have a warning say you need to load the interface in less than 5 to be allowed to set it to 10 seconds.

There could be kinds of functions, such as anything that calls an integration, that invalidates use of shorter times.

Or perhaps design a system for dropping the next refresh when this refresh takes too long.  Then interface developers would have to optimize their interfaces, because they set it to refresh every 10, but it only refreshes every 20.  IDK, smarter engineers than me would have to tackle it to make it possible.

Children
No Data