I had a requirement that in Instructions of a textfield i have to show the instr

I had a requirement that in Instructions of a textfield i have to show the instructions in Bullet format and each one in new line. I am using SAIL but unable to achieve this.. Can any one guide me through this.

OriginalPostID-106018

OriginalPostID-106018

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You cannot add formatting to the instructions of a text field but you can simply add another component such as a paragraph component below your text field and use the char(10) to create new lines

In the attached example I used the following to show the paragraph called "Valid Type Requests" which acts as the instructions of the textfield above. I could even make the label empty to make it look more like the instructions.

a!textField(
    label: "Provide the type of request",
    readOnly: false,
    value: ""
    ),
                        a!paragraphField(
                         label: "Valid Type Requests",
                         readOnly: true,
                         value: "* Software Request" & char(10) & "* Harware Request" & char(10) & "* Other"
                        )

• You cannot add formatting to the instructions of a text field but you can simply add another component such as a paragraph component below your text field and use the char(10) to create new lines

In the attached example I used the following to show the paragraph called "Valid Type Requests" which acts as the instructions of the textfield above. I could even make the label empty to make it look more like the instructions.

a!textField(
    label: "Provide the type of request",
    readOnly: false,
    value: ""
    ),
                        a!paragraphField(
                         label: "Valid Type Requests",
                         readOnly: true,
                         value: "* Software Request" & char(10) & "* Harware Request" & char(10) & "* Other"
                        )

Children
No Data