Extremely Long Task Load Times After Saving

Certified Associate Developer

I have designed a process for use on the main Appian mobile app that is offline enabled. It is a survey program that a user uses to input certain pieces of information about various pieces of equipment in a given plant. I currently have the built-in "Save and Close" button enabled to allow the user to save the work they've done so far, in case the app crashes. Unfortunately, this button kicks them out of the task and back to the main Tasks screen. I was prepared to accept this inconvenience, but in recent testing I have found that every time I "Save and Close" the task takes longer and longer to load. After just 6 saves, the form was taking around 7 minutes to load, after the 7th save it took 15 minutes, and after the 8th save it took over 30 minutes. The load time appears to be doubling (approximately) with every save. While the task is loaded, the interface is fast and responsive with no loading issues.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening and/or anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Update: The development site I was using to test this application crashed around the same time I was attempting to submit this form. CPU and Heap Memory utilization spiked to 100% and the server rebooted itself. Appian is looking into what may have caused this issue, but I feel pretty confident that the issue I explained above was the cause (I have filled the Appian engineer assigned to my case in on what has been happening as well)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible