Cucumber for Appian - Not able to run the sample feature file

Hi,

I have been struggling hard with this error and am not able to advance any further due to this - 

SLF4J: See www.slf4j.org/codes.html for further details.
2022-06-08 00:15:04,429 [main] DEBUG com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture - browser=Chrome
2022-06-08 00:15:04,588 [main] DEBUG com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.common.FixtureMetrics - userid=6b3309e9a657297a1b45fd39925f3bd966261ac9488a1325a97873142d450e93, pipelineDimension=Standalone, testingFramework=FitNesse

Step failed
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver.get(String)" because the return value of "com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.common.Settings.getDriver()" is null
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoLogin.navigateToLoginPage(TempoLogin.java:225)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsernameAndPassword(BaseFixture.java:435)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:466)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:477)
at com.appiancorp.ps.cucumber.fixtures.CucumberBaseFixture.loginWithUsername(CucumberBaseFixture.java:64)
at ?.I login with username "****"(file:///C:/cucumber-for-appian-22.2/src/test/resources/TempoNavigationExample.feature:18)

Am trying to run the Tempo Navigation Example feature that comes part of the cucumber for appian jar.

I followed all the steps mentioned as per the playbook and also this - https://medium.com/@mlvandijk/getting-started-with-cucumber-in-java-a-10-minute-tutorial-586652d2c82 but still in vain. Am using IntelliJ IDE.

1. Could anyone please help me understand this issue and how to fix this?

2. For navigating to a native URL should I be defining the URL using scenario outline with relevant example? or is there any other way?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data