Terminate process if two flows reaches the end node?

Hi Everyone,

How can we terminate a process when two flows reaches the end node.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Without more detail provided I can only guess that this might be what you're after.

So my best guess is that you're asking how to set it up such that two parallel flows can both run to completion, then only once both of them have completed, proceed on in the overall process flow (whether that means termination, or anything else, is less relevant).

The most common trick for this is the AND node, which apart from doing a flow SPLIT, also does a flow JOIN (in other words, when two or more incoming flows reach an AND node, it waits for all of them before proceeding).  For sanity's sake, I would strongly recommend only using any given AND node for one of these purposes at any given time, though you'd be welcome to try more complex configurations if you really want to bother with it.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Without more detail provided I can only guess that this might be what you're after.

So my best guess is that you're asking how to set it up such that two parallel flows can both run to completion, then only once both of them have completed, proceed on in the overall process flow (whether that means termination, or anything else, is less relevant).

The most common trick for this is the AND node, which apart from doing a flow SPLIT, also does a flow JOIN (in other words, when two or more incoming flows reach an AND node, it waits for all of them before proceeding).  For sanity's sake, I would strongly recommend only using any given AND node for one of these purposes at any given time, though you'd be welcome to try more complex configurations if you really want to bother with it.

Children
No Data