We are in the process of revising our cdts, data stores and table structure for

We are in the process of revising our cdts, data stores and table structure for our applications. We are wanting to export the data from the current tables and import into our new structure. The challenge I am running into is that we are wanting to maintain our current identifiers (primary key values). Also, we have a couple of tables that have foreign key constraints that will not allow me to directly import into these tables.

Has anyone run into this situation before? How did you work around this situation? Will alter table disable keys work for these situations?

As usual any help or ideas are greatly appreciated....

OriginalPostID-106224

OriginalPostID-106224

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, one way I have achieved this before is to create the table via whatever SQL you will use but turn off any constraints - you should then be able to import the data via whatever mechanism you need. You can then update the table definitions with the constraints turned on.

There may be a sequence this needs to happen in so take a backup of the database before you start.

Hope this helps!
  • Hi, one way I have achieved this before is to create the table via whatever SQL you will use but turn off any constraints - you should then be able to import the data via whatever mechanism you need. You can then update the table definitions with the constraints turned on.

There may be a sequence this needs to happen in so take a backup of the database before you start.

Hope this helps!
Children
No Data