Leveraging activity-chaining

Certified Associate Developer

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and safe.

Can any one help me with Leveraging activity-chaining with example.?

How can we pass data from one process to other process by using start process smart service?

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,

Kiran Sajjan

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Start process smart service is used as an alternative for the Async Sub process. It also provides the flexibility to not create dependency on a process dependents/precedents rather it asynchronously starts a process model, hence also taking care of the load balancing. 

If you want to open two forms, one after another, without falling out, you can use a sub-process synchronously and add activity chaining. 

Chaining is used to run the chained nodes on a single engine. In a normal language, It helps you jump between two or more forms without falling out but increases the engine load. This is the reason why we have a limit of 50 for chained nodes. 

in reply to Harshit Bumb (Appyzie)

Hi Harishit,

This is my PM with activity chaining, I configured form in the Start Process Smart service and I updating some data in start process smart service form and submitting and it will trigger one more PM. but, what ever the changes done in the start process smart service form was not updating in the child process.

I hope you understand the issue by this 

1.Parent Process Model

2.Configured form in the Start Process Smart service.

3.Child Process model

in reply to Harshit Bumb (Appyzie)

Hi Harishit,

This is my PM with activity chaining, I configured form in the Start Process Smart service and I updating some data in start process smart service form and submitting and it will trigger one more PM. but, what ever the changes done in the start process smart service form was not updating in the child process.

I hope you understand the issue by this 

1.Parent Process Model

2.Configured form in the Start Process Smart service.

3.Child Process model

Children