How to restrict uploading of duplicate files in Appian Interface ?

I'm trying to use the file upload functionality in Appian Interface and is there any way I can restrict from uploading the file with the same name which already exists in the db or even if it allows the upload is there a way to over write the existing file with the latest file?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Other than a similar filename (and size in bytes), appian has no particular insight into the contents of any uploaded file, before (or even really after) promotion to the "proper" internal Appian FS.  If it's enough that you disallow upload of files with the same name and size as existing files, then you could potentially stir that into the validations parameter of FileUploadField, though I'd caution that getting the existing name and size properties from any more than a small handfull of extant files in your internal system will get pretty process intensive, pretty quickly. 

If you share more of the particulars of your use case here we might be able to provide some better, more targeted suggestions.

Certified Lead Developer

Other than a similar filename (and size in bytes), appian has no particular insight into the contents of any uploaded file, before (or even really after) promotion to the "proper" internal Appian FS.  If it's enough that you disallow upload of files with the same name and size as existing files, then you could potentially stir that into the validations parameter of FileUploadField, though I'd caution that getting the existing name and size properties from any more than a small handfull of extant files in your internal system will get pretty process intensive, pretty quickly. 

If you share more of the particulars of your use case here we might be able to provide some better, more targeted suggestions.

Children