Is it possible to fetch a CDT field by numerical index?

Hi all,

I want to get fields in a CDT based on their numerical index, i.e. if I have a CDT like:

{'type!{urn:com:appian:types:TEST}TEST_Employee'('firstName': "Frank", 'secondName': "Smith", 'age': 29)}

To get the first field, is there a way to index it by number? Something like index(local!testCdt, 1, null) would return "Frank". 

Thanks for your help!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Is there a specific reason to do that? While the order is typically fix, I would definitely not rely on it.

• We have a list of attribute sections that a user can click through, and I need to keep track of which sections have been opened for editing. I've created a CDT that contains the list of attribute sections as the keys and booleans as the values, but I can't make the field names match the attribute section names exactly (one of them has a special character) and I can't make the field names the attribute index because Appian doesn't allow numerical values as field names. 

What I was planning to do was to get the attribute section index, and use that to index the CDT to fetch the corresponding value.

So for example:

Attribute sections indexes and names that a user sees: 

1. Name

2. Age & Address

3. Occupation

CDT structure:

'type!{urn:com:appian:types:TEST}TEST_isSectionOpenForEditing'(
    name: 1,
    ageAndAddress: 0,

)

If the user clicks the second attribute section, Age & Address, I want to fetch the corresponding value from the CDT to verify whether that section is open for editing. 

Let me know if that makes sense. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to johng0005

Why not store this in a key-value fashion? Then you can store the section technical names in constants and easily refer to them in UI and in the key-value store.

Reply Children