Cucumber Selenium with Appian - Attempting to Sort a Grid by column - Commands not working?

Hi everyone! I work as a QA Engineer on an Appian project and we are using Cucumber for Appian and ran into an issue with the built-in 'Sort by Grid' step, we have built a fairly basic smoke test script to tab through the applications pages and also to try and sort through some columns in a grid that would pop up. 

## View Contract File Tab
Then I sort grid "[1]" by column "Contents"
#Then I sort grid "[1]" by column "[1]"

We've attempted both ways to no success. 

On the UI, we have the 'Contents' column unsorted here:

and after clicking the content SHOULD sort like this:

When we run the script. It does not seem to be able to sort the column at all. The script will end at the Sort step indicating an exception error with the 'Element not existing':

2022-08-18 15:25:18,542 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.exception.ExceptionBuilder - Sort Grid - Contents
org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: no such element: Unable to locate element: {"method":"xpath","selector":".//th[descendant::div[contains(translate(text(),'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'), 'contents')]]"}
(Session info: chrome=103.0.5060.134)
For documentation on this error, please visit: selenium.dev/.../
Build info: version: '4.1.2', revision: '9a5a329c5a'
System info: host: 'Unknown', ip: 'Unknown', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '5.15.0-46-generic', java.version: '1.8.0_342'
Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver
Command: [020da7a72b16a4dfdfda5cb54dd3e314, findChildElement {id=19cccdc9-23e8-446d-93b7-e431db6505ca, using=xpath, value=.//th[descendant::div[contains(translate(text(),'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'), 'contents')]]}]
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 103.0.5060.134, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 103.0.5060

We have attempted to run older scripts that had these features/steps implemented more recently and noticed they too are now failing. This script that I am currently working was a new one that simply alerted us to the issue not working across all the scripts. 

And I sort grid "<string>" by column "<string>"  - This i believe is the correct step to use however it is causing an error. 

And I click on grid "<string>" column "<string>" row "<string>" - alternatively I have attempted to click the Header column with this script but this also does not work. 

For further verification of the error at large, we attempted to use the 'And I Click method' to click on some hyperlinks that exist within the grid and the script would correctly pick up the indexing and did also verify that the grid presented is indexed as [1].

We have also attempted to update the appian-provided jar to 22.2 but continue to receive the error. The Step Definition has remained unchanged:

@Given("^I sort grid \"([^\"]*)\" by column \"([^\"]*)\"$")
public void sortGridByColumn(String gridName, String columnName) {
fixture.sortGridByColumn(gridName, columnName);
}

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible