remove buttons

Hi can someone suggest me with the UI design for the below grid 

so the first row contract number- if the user change that number based on that number below grid data has to be populated how can i achieve this?

where can i configure remove button for this grid so that this complete grid will be removed but will be having multiple grids one after the other with different data based on the contract number 

if not this can suggest for how can we removed that contract no data

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

ok, this is a design consideration. before you jump on designing this page, can you tell me few things?

Do you want user to be able to change the contract number here directly? If yes, you can have editable text field and a search button to look for the record.

Why do you want to display the data in grid? It seems to me that the data is related to one contract. You can design a collapsible sections here and use required components like textfield, dropdown and other components based on your need.

Do you want to save the data once it is updated by user? If yes, you can have submit and cancel buttons at the end. Think from record perspective and make an interface which can be used in any of your related actions.

Hope this helps. Please provide necessary details in order to help you on the design part.

• yes am using grid for this. so first one will be one grid and second section will be in another grid. for that all the left data am keeping it in REF table so fetching it from DB and showing it in grid and save it in normal table. but now for the right column user input is required how can i show different user input fields for each row ?

this is how ref table looks like 

so making use of the field type how can i show the user input field for the row (thinking to go with the choose but if anyone help me on this that would be helpful)

can someone suggest me on this please 

in reply to KM

I am still pretty not sure why you want to stick to the grid. You can design the interface using text fields, dropdowns, checkboxes by putting them in section layout in a sequence as per your questions (the ones I see in your reference table). As we understand these questions would not be changed often, you can have different constant arrays for the questions and their field types, that way you can build a logic in your interface to render and populate components according to the sequence of questions. Think on interface design aspect that would be easy to build, maintain and with best user experience.

in reply to KM

I am still pretty not sure why you want to stick to the grid. You can design the interface using text fields, dropdowns, checkboxes by putting them in section layout in a sequence as per your questions (the ones I see in your reference table). As we understand these questions would not be changed often, you can have different constant arrays for the questions and their field types, that way you can build a logic in your interface to render and populate components according to the sequence of questions. Think on interface design aspect that would be easy to build, maintain and with best user experience.

Children
No Data