Hello, I want to create "production" packages of our proces

Hello,

I want to create "production" packages of our processes as a backup before we upgrade. If some processes uses the same groups/documents/rules.. etc. Should I reference them in each package they are used or can I just list them once?

Also, I noticed that when I do "check for missing dependencies" it will fetch rules/docs/groups/processes/pages, from other processes that has nothing to do with the one being packaged. Has anybody else seen this behavior? Have to pay special attention to what I'm adding, if not I could add things from another process.

Thanks
MJ...

OriginalPostID-107850

OriginalPostID-107850

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • For upgrades in general it may be best, rather than packaging the models and rules, to backup the Appian KDBs before upgrading. Backing up the KDBs will maintain the status of rules and process models at that very moment. It will also ensure that you do not forget anything that could be important.

To package the rules and models in addition to taking a system-wide snapshot - you may want to create a "COMMON" application for all processes. By putting shared rules, groups, and documents in a common application and then importing that into the target environment before the process specific packages, you decrease the number of times you may version these common objects.
  • For upgrades in general it may be best, rather than packaging the models and rules, to backup the Appian KDBs before upgrading. Backing up the KDBs will maintain the status of rules and process models at that very moment. It will also ensure that you do not forget anything that could be important.

To package the rules and models in addition to taking a system-wide snapshot - you may want to create a "COMMON" application for all processes. By putting shared rules, groups, and documents in a common application and then importing that into the target environment before the process specific packages, you decrease the number of times you may version these common objects.
Children
No Data