Trying to Generate a StartProcessLink in Process Model

Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

I have a use case where I need to redirect a user to a StartForm  when user clicks on the link in the email. I'm able to generate this StartProcessLink (Pm has specific process parameters that needs to be sent as  well) successfully when I try to execute in an expression rule but when I try to call this expression rule in ProcessModel's Script Task to get the output, it is returning a null value, any suggestions on how to approach it?

Note: We cannot Trigger a Pm and keep it active as we do not know the time frame of when user would be working in it. It can range from a day to a month

Any suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Correct, I'm able to do this, It executes perfectly fine and I'm able to build the URL from an Expression Editor but, When I try to execute the rule in PM or by calling the rule in PM its not working(Returns a null output). So, I'm looking for any other alternate suggestions, so that it can work.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to adithyay811

How exactly are you trying to call it from your PM?  I assume you mean a PM that tries to assemble the URL then send the email?  Can you share some of the code you're trying?

Edit to add: I can see that the output of the rule changes significantly (for reasons i'm not clear on) when called in the context of a process instance rather than in an expression rule.  I'm guessing this is because it's not really intended to be used in this manner.