To extract data from a data subset where two values are same

Certified Associate Developer

While entering a leave request in a read-only grid I am entering the same date two times with different leave type (which is allowed).  I need to get the leave hours entered for the same date as I need to give a validation message if the sum of leave hours exceed 8 hrs for the same day.  How can I achieve this?  

In the sample data given below, I want to extract the requested hours where the leave dates are same:

[LAST_UPD_USR:ehelen,LAST_UPD_TS:10/14/2022 5:55 AM GMT,CREATE_USR:ehelen,CREATE_TS:10/14/2022 5:53 AM GMT,IS_ACTIVE:true,APPROVED_HRS:,REQUESTED_HRS:5,LEAVE_TYPE:Sick Leave,LEAVE_DATE:10/26/2022,FK_STAFF_ID:113,FK_EMPLOYEE_LEAVE_REQUEST_ID:19,EMPLOYEE_LEAVE_REQUEST_DETAILS_ID:1];

[LAST_UPD_USR:ehelen,LAST_UPD_TS:10/14/2022 5:55 AM GMT,CREATE_USR:ehelen,CREATE_TS:10/14/2022 5:53 AM GMT,IS_ACTIVE:true,APPROVED_HRS:,REQUESTED_HRS:8,LEAVE_TYPE:Vacation Leave,LEAVE_DATE:10/20/2022,FK_STAFF_ID:113,FK_EMPLOYEE_LEAVE_REQUEST_ID:19,EMPLOYEE_LEAVE_REQUEST_DETAILS_ID:2]

Thanks,

Brinda Sateesh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You will need to take into account, that a user enters multiple leave items which will form multiple groups of similar or overlapping dates.

Idea: Create a list of maps holding a date and the sum of hours for that date.

My suggestion is the following:

- user the reduce() function to iterate on all entered

- Inside reduce(), check whether the list of maps already contains an item for that date

- Either add the item's hours to the existing map, or append a new map to the list

Then you know the sum of hours for each day and can do the validation based on this.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually I did not understand how to apply the suggestion you have mentioned.  Can you please explain with coding?

Reply Children