How to set sub-process execute on the same engine as it's parent model

Hi everyone, 

I'm quite new to process model things, so there were something that I have heard of but didn't understand. 

1. What is process model engine? Is there any documents about it?

2. How to set the sub process to be executed on the same engine with its parent process? And is there any benefit on that? 

Really appreciate your helps!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    How to set the sub process to be executed on the same engine with its parent process?

AFAIK this is the default behavior and, in fact, not avoidable unless you take special steps to try to avoid it (i.e. using the Start Process node instead of subprocess).

Is there any particular reason you need this behavior?  In most circumstances this is supposed to be transparent to users and even designers, except when doing planning and/or testing for heavy environmental loads.

Certified Lead Developer
    How to set the sub process to be executed on the same engine with its parent process?

AFAIK this is the default behavior and, in fact, not avoidable unless you take special steps to try to avoid it (i.e. using the Start Process node instead of subprocess).

Is there any particular reason you need this behavior?  In most circumstances this is supposed to be transparent to users and even designers, except when doing planning and/or testing for heavy environmental loads.

Children