Any reason why user(username,"email") will work sometimes, and i

Any reason why user(username,"email") will work sometimes, and it does not work sometimes?
In my process I am using that expression to get user email, but expression is not consistent, work few times, then throws exception in some cases....

OriginalPostID-108867

OriginalPostID-108867

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If the error you are seeing when you believe the user(username,"email") function is not working is:

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.1.1 <username>... User unknown

then this is not an issue with the expression or with Appian. An exception of type"SMTPAddressFailedException User unknown" is generated by the mail server itself.

Please contact your Mail Server administrator and verify if the server isn't permitting sending on to other domains, most likely the addresses that are causing the error are outside the permitted domain configured in the mail server; nothing to troubleshoot at the Appian level but at the mail server level with you administrator.
  • If the error you are seeing when you believe the user(username,"email") function is not working is:

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.1.1 <username>... User unknown

then this is not an issue with the expression or with Appian. An exception of type"SMTPAddressFailedException User unknown" is generated by the mail server itself.

Please contact your Mail Server administrator and verify if the server isn't permitting sending on to other domains, most likely the addresses that are causing the error are outside the permitted domain configured in the mail server; nothing to troubleshoot at the Appian level but at the mail server level with you administrator.
Children
No Data