What is the meaning of the disabled field in checkbox, fileupload etc

Certified Associate Developer

In an interface intially we didnt use this field for file upload and it displayed like below , all the upload buttons are greyed out.

Later we used Disabled : false() for the same fileUpload and the out come is as below, upload button is enabled

By default as it should be false and the upload should be enabled,but it was grayed out. Can anyone explain why it was like this

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

The default behavior for the "disabled" parameter, in all components I can think of, is to act as if it's been passed a value of "FALSE" (as in, NOT disabled), unless a value is passed in - meaning the only time it should have any effect is if a value is passed AND that value is "TRUE".

I can't tell what's actually happening in your screenshots without further context.  The one thing I can point out, just in case this is helpful, is that most fields will act as "disabled" when you're viewing an un-accepted task for whatever reason.  This includes buttons, file upload fields, etc.  I can't tell whether that's what might actually be happening in your top screenshot (again, context/details), but I'm putting it out there just-in-case.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

The default behavior for the "disabled" parameter, in all components I can think of, is to act as if it's been passed a value of "FALSE" (as in, NOT disabled), unless a value is passed in - meaning the only time it should have any effect is if a value is passed AND that value is "TRUE".

I can't tell what's actually happening in your screenshots without further context.  The one thing I can point out, just in case this is helpful, is that most fields will act as "disabled" when you're viewing an un-accepted task for whatever reason.  This includes buttons, file upload fields, etc.  I can't tell whether that's what might actually be happening in your top screenshot (again, context/details), but I'm putting it out there just-in-case.

Children
No Data