Token Error

Hello, I had faced the fallowing error when the user opened the transactions follow-up page in a transactions project: Unexpected token '<', "html><hea" __is not valid JSON

Note that, I gave access to a user outside our Appian servers, and the user faced this error. we didn't use any authentication method for the user login. Did anyone see this error before or knows whats its problem.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,
    I have experienced the same error with our users.
    The context is quite the same : it concerns users who access our server (on-premise) from Internet.
    The users are authenticated and the connection between the user and our server is made through a network device (a netscaler).

I need to experiment more because it is hard to reproduce.

• Hi and Happy New Year !
    We finally found the origin of this error : it is due to a timeout on one of our intermediate network gear between the browser and the APPIAN server.
    It's a network equipment where an idle timeout is set to 60 minutes while our Appian instance sets an idle timeout to 65 minutes : it makes APPIAN crashes because the network session ends before.
    The solution is to reduce the APPIAN Idle timeout to make it lower than the network equipement. In that way, APPIAN will correctly handle the session timeout and the application won't crash.

• Hi and Happy New Year !
    We finally found the origin of this error : it is due to a timeout on one of our intermediate network gear between the browser and the APPIAN server.
    It's a network equipment where an idle timeout is set to 60 minutes while our Appian instance sets an idle timeout to 65 minutes : it makes APPIAN crashes because the network session ends before.
    The solution is to reduce the APPIAN Idle timeout to make it lower than the network equipement. In that way, APPIAN will correctly handle the session timeout and the application won't crash.

Children