Documents - retrieve older version

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

The requirement is to compare document with its previous version of the same document ID in appian. Is that a possibility and if so any plugin or function that to be used?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This depends incredibly strongly on what type of document it is, and what sort of "compare" you hope to accomplish.  Years ago there was a plug-in that does a rudimentary analog of the "compare versions" availalbe in MS Word, though it had certain drawbacks - I believe that plug-in is still generally available though I haven't checked.  If you're talking about other document types, though, you might be completely out-of-luck unless there are newer plugins available that I don't know about (which is possible, you should check), or alternately, you plan to write your own.

Certified Lead Developer

This depends incredibly strongly on what type of document it is, and what sort of "compare" you hope to accomplish.  Years ago there was a plug-in that does a rudimentary analog of the "compare versions" availalbe in MS Word, though it had certain drawbacks - I believe that plug-in is still generally available though I haven't checked.  If you're talking about other document types, though, you might be completely out-of-luck unless there are newer plugins available that I don't know about (which is possible, you should check), or alternately, you plan to write your own.

Children