Questions around creating new Knowledge Center

Hi, 

I have some questions regarding the creation of new Knowledge Center to replace the existing one for data storage optimisation. 

1. What are the differences between Create Knowledge Center smart service and create it manually (New => Folder => Knowledge Center) aside from the security config? And when should user use each method?

2. My application already have a Knowledge Center containing child folders within it, and each folder contains different types of document. 

Now I want to amend this Knowledge Center by creating 3 new KC, and reallocate my child folders into these 3 new KCs. 

Those child folders are already being used in lots of process models, so I need to be aware about whether the above changes will affect the process models, and what can I do to avoid it? 

And how can I move the child folders and documents within them to the new Knowledge Centers? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

1. What are the differences between Create Knowledge Center smart service and create it manually (New => Folder => Knowledge Center) aside from the security config? And when should user use each method? - one of the differences between both is that the smart service doesn't creates the KC inside the application. We have to manually add the newly created to the application. Secondly the security needs to be added manually or via Edit KC security smart service to the newly created KC. As far as I can think of, the smart service can be used if you want to dynamically create any new KC and add the relevant documents as a part of it.

2. My application already have a Knowledge Center containing child folders within it, and each folder contains different types of document. - You can create 3 new KC's and make use of the move folder smart service or move the folders manually into the destination KC's. It should not affect the process model until the security configurations remain the same.

• Thanks a lot!

Another questions: What objects will be included in the deployment package for this folder amendment changes? 

I mean besides the newly created Knowledge Centers, do I need to also add all the folders and documents belonging to them into the package? 

Or do I have to do the amendment in UAT and PROD manually without any deployment?

Reply Children
No Data