cast from Record Field to Number (Decimal)

Certified Senior Developer

I'm using record type to create a column chart.

The field which I am using is stored as text in the database. 

See line 14 in the attached screenshot.

Can I change it to decimal to use in measure?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you try using toUniformString before  toDecimal just to avoid typeCast error..., but if you want to apply sum function over that field..go to your Data base >> that particular table>>table structure>>now change the type of the field(float/decimal), now download xsd from the respective cdt, make the same type change as you did in the table(with in XSD) then save changes,now go to your cdt...,  create new version from xsd(just suggestion before creating new version, just close all remaining tabs for the rules this cdt is a precedent, because this creates versions i.e  Example:student^4 etc),, now go and test your recordType/ interfce where you are using this

• Can you try using toUniformString before  toDecimal just to avoid typeCast error..., but if you want to apply sum function over that field..go to your Data base >> that particular table>>table structure>>now change the type of the field(float/decimal), now download xsd from the respective cdt, make the same type change as you did in the table(with in XSD) then save changes,now go to your cdt...,  create new version from xsd(just suggestion before creating new version, just close all remaining tabs for the rules this cdt is a precedent, because this creates versions i.e  Example:student^4 etc),, now go and test your recordType/ interfce where you are using this

Children
No Data