Refresh from expression rule

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Everyone,

I am quering the data from table and stroing it into local variable. On button click I am refreshing the data using refresh varibale parameter refreshonvariablechange , but the variable gets changed and data is not refreshing. Could you please help me out?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Laurens Weijzig
    just execute the expression you want in the value parameter of an a!save that results from your a!startprocess.

FYI i steer away from recommending that people simply repeat queries all over the place (presuming that they also need the same query for the same local variable run initially).  The power of "update chaining" should allow this to be completely sidestepped these days.  In the old days having to copy/paste the same query expression in multiple different SaveIntos all on the same form was the only way to do certain things, but in terms of maintenance and troubleshooting it's an absolute nightmare.  With the power of RefreshVariable functionality these days there should be no need.

The only time I'd recommend this query be in the output saveInto as you say is if that's the *only* context on the form in which that query is needed (i.e. if it's not even needed in the initial local variable declaration, which for this specific example, i'll admit i'm not 100% clear on).

Children
No Data